This post has a bit of everything.
Reading seems to have slowed down. At one point, I was 2 books ahead on my Goodreads reading challenge of 25 books this year. I’m now 3 books behind. Why? I’m reading a couple somewhat longer books than usual. The eBook is the longest eBook I’ve read so far, while the paper book is a Wheel of Time book. They’re long. I’ll be finished that one very soon, though. Then I get to read some shorter books, and I should catch up fairly quickly. I’ve revised my reading order by adding a bunch. This time, I decided to alternate between best and worst overall ratings on Goodreads, though I added a couple others as well. Here’s the new order:
- The Wheel of Time: The Great Hunt – Robert Jordan (currently reading)
- 2010: Odyssey Two – Arthur C. Clarke
- Eric – Terry Pratchett
- The Reality Dysfunction Part 2: Expansion – Peter F. Hamilton
- A Knight of the Word – Terry Brooks
- Red Mars – Kim Stanley Robinson
- Throne of Jade – Naomi Novik
- Life, the Universe and Everything – Douglas Adams
- Wizard’s First Rule – Terry Goodkind
- 2061: Odyssey Three – Arthur C. Clarke
- Angel Fire East – Terry Brooks
- Xenocide – Orson Scott Card
- The Rise of Endymion – Dan Simmons
- Moving Pictures – Terry Pratchett
- A Storm of Swords – George R. R. Martin
- The Seeds of Earth – Michael Cobley
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish – Douglas Adams
- 3001: The Final Odyssey – Arthur C. Clarke
- Homeland – R. A. Salvatore
- Star Trek: Nemesis – J. M. Dillard
- Deadhouse Gates – Steven Erikson
- Julius Caesar – William Shakespeare
- The Neutronium Alchemist – Peter F. Hamilton
- The Iliad – Homer
- The Dragon Reborn – Robert Jordan
- Mercury – Ben Bova
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe – C. S. Lewis
- Redemption Ark – Alastair Reynolds
- Reaper Man – Terry Pratchett
- Green Mars – Kim Stanley Robinson
That’s a long list, and I won’t finish it this year. However, I’m going to try to set aside more time at home for reading.
As for writing, Journey to Ariadne is coming along, though nothing is being published on my website yet. I have plenty of work to do on it. But it is coming. I also have another project going, and this time, it’s for an actual magazine. I’m writing blog posts for the World Spa & Travel Magazine blog. Check it out! My posts are under my name. The magazine is an actual print travel magazine from Singapore, though the writers are quite international.
Finally, with the upcoming 12th Doctor in Doctor Who, I’m getting pretty interested in starting to watch the revival series. I used to watch the old show every weekend on PBS when I was a teenager.
So, what are you up to?