I’ve added a new page to keep track of my works in progress. I only briefly mention what’s going on with each WIP, but I’d like to expand it a bit in this post.
With Journey to Ariadne, I am doing a web serial to begin with. All 26 parts will be published on my official website once I’ve gone through a round of editing of each part. This is not meant to be a novel, but more of a promotion for my full-length novels, which I will begin work on soon. Eventually, I will completely rewrite Journey to Ariadne after several rounds of editing to publish as a novella at the cheapest possible price. What you’ll get out of reading this serial is some background, including characters and how they got to Ariadne.
The first full-length novel, which is currently untitled, will take place a few years after colonisation of Ariadne. It may appeal to young adults, though it’ll be meant to be more serious and darker in tone. The second novel, which will be a direct sequel of the first, will continue the Origins theme started in the first book. It’ll be a beginning.
Finally, I’m working on Fractured, a short story which I started for Camp NaNoWriMo, and didn’t write very much. It is a story I want to complete, though, as it’s an introduction to a bigger fantasy novel series I have planned.
Anything interest you?
I was thinking about something I read earlier today. Actually, it was just a headline. Something about global warming and how companies just don’t care. Well, it got me thinking about what’s been pissing me off lately. Here’s a handy list of things that piss me off. Just a warning, I use some profanity, just to spice things up.
- Companies that care more about their profits than they do about their grandchildren’s future. Oil companies piss me off.
- Governments that try to hinder scientific progress. Stephen Harper pisses me off.
- People who try to push their beliefs on others. Just stop it! You believe what you want, let the others believe what they want. Just as long as you don’t try to persecute each other for ridiculously stupid reasons. The way religion is today (and basically always has been) pisses me off.
- People who discriminate based on the colour of skin. Racists piss me off.
- People who continue to behave like idiots around people of the opposite sex. Stop with the lewd remarks. Stop trying to coerce others into sex. I’m especially pissed off at rapists and others who say that a woman’s attire caused them to rape. What the hell? No! It is your lack of intelligence and self-control that caused the rape. Rapists, sexists, chauvinists, and others of their ilk piss me off.
- People who say I can’t do something because others they know tried and failed. Sorry, I know I can do it, and I have every time. You know what? Those naysayers piss me off.
- People who ask me what’s wrong when I’m sitting quietly. Hey, I’m an introvert. It’s my natural state. Well, that doesn’t piss me off. I just pity those extroverts who don’t understand.
- Japanese businessmen on trains in general. Not all of them, just some of them. They think they’re so important on the train that they’ll steal a seat from a pregnant woman in a priority seat. I’ve seen it happen. I was pissed off. This is only one example. There are many incidents I’ve witnessed.
- Vegans and vegetarians who say they’re not eating meat for their health, and then turn around and smoke. Right. No, that doesn’t piss me off. That just confuses the hell out of me. The logic just isn’t there.
- Some drivers here in Japan who don’t stop for pedestrians. I was nearly hit four times one year. That really pisses me off. In fact, for one of them, the car stopped ten centimetres from hitting me while I was legally crossing in a crosswalk on a walk signal, and I just stopped and stared at the driver for a few seconds. No eye contact from the driver. She was probably scared to death because I was a foreigner, and there’s a belief by some people that foreigners are violent. Nope. I’m not violent, but I’ll stare down someone who pissed me off.
- People who incessantly tap their ring on a metal pole in a bus for the entire bus ride. I had such a headache from the tension and irritation, I just wanted to scream at him to shut the fuck up. But he was probably twice my weight and all of that muscle. I may have been pissed off, but I’m not stupid.
Well, I could keep going on, but I think posts like this are kind of therapeutic. Let off some steam. Funny thing is, I’m in a pretty good mood tonight. This was an idea that just popped in my head and I didn’t want to forget about it.
So, do you agree or disagree with some of my points? I promise I won’t get pissed off if you disagree.