I work full time. I also try to write as much as I can. But now it’s like I’m a full time student. As of this week, I am studying 6 online courses at once. I must be crazy.
The last time I studied 6 courses at the same time was in my second year of university. I took 6 courses both semesters after transferring from one university to another. Some of my courses didn’t transfer, even though I was told they would. I had to take them again. It was an incredibly busy time, including one day that was 13 hours long, from 8:30 am to 9:30 pm. On my first day of that schedule, I’d caught a pretty bad cold, and it was a rainy January day. I felt awful, but it was the first day of my lab sessions, which I could not be absent from. They were mandatory, as they were orientations to give us all of the information we needed for the semester. I’m pretty sure I crashed in bed when I got home.
But now, I have 6 online courses to do. These include:
- Start Writing Fiction – I have 3 weeks to go in this one.
- Introduction to Ecosystems – 4 weeks to go in this.
- Archaeology of Portus – 4 weeks to go in this fascinating course about Rome’s ancient port.
- Diversity of Exoplanets – I’ve just started this, and I can thankfully fall behind, as everything is due in mid-July. It’s 6 weeks long.
- Paradoxes of War – Just started today, and I have yet to look at it. It’s 8 weeks long.
- Organic Solar Cells – Starts tomorrow and lasts until mid-July.
So, am I crazy?