It’s been a while since I’ve done any posts about worldbuilding, but I’ll be resuming them soon. I don’t know how many posts there will be in total, but expect a lot. Worldbuilding can be as complex or as simple as you want, but want to be thorough and give you as much information as I can.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Mapmaking (climate and ecosystems) – This will complete the scientific part of worldbuilding for now. Climate and ecosystems are linked, so I’ll do them together.
- Flora – I’ll discuss making plants here.
- Fauna – I’ll discuss making animals and also talk about evolution.
- Other life – This will include the microbes, and anything else that may be considered life, including the exotic.
- Mapmaking (political) – Drawing country boundaries.
- Cities and Towns – Where do you place the cities and towns? When you create a country, you should include a capital, principal cities, and towns.
- Designing communities – This is looking into how a community is created, including commercial districts, industry, residential areas, and agriculture.
- Designing communities – Infrastructure. This includes the basics to keep a community running, including roads, waterworks, electricity, and so on.
This is what I have planned so far. I will also go more in depth with agriculture, government, industry, transportation, culture, religion, history, war, and more. As you can see, this is a huge topic.
What else would you like to see?