August was an interesting month. It saw the death of Robin Williams, a big low point of the month. The high point was the release of Part 2 of Journey to Ariadne. The blog also reached 500 followers.
This month saw an improvement over July, with the second best month yet. It also had the best day ever. The busiest day was August 12th with 151 views. August had 1,667 views, which is the second best. The month finished with 17,651 views total. There were 48 posts, which brought the total to 550.
The month ended with 2,852 total comments, meaning there were 344 comments. This is an improvement on July.
The top 10 (11) countries for August were:
- United States (1,001 views)
- Canada (232 views)
- Japan (111 views)
- United Kingdom (58 views)
- Australia (31 views)
- South Africa (20 views)
- India (15 views)
- Singapore (8 views)
- Norway (5 views)
- Philippines (5 views)
- France (5 views)
The 5 (6) most popular posts made in August were:
- Robin Williams Dead (87 views)
- Introvert Problem Checklist (42 views)
- What Will You Write? #6 – It’s History (42 views)
- When Should Children Be Left Alone? (41 views)
- Commentition: My Super Commenters (36 views)
- Reality Is Stranger than Fiction? (36 views)
My most popular post in August that was written before August was The Power of Introverts – from TED with 50 views.
Posts that deserve another look are:
- Daily Flash Fiction #2 – Blue
- Rosetta Has Become the First to Orbit a Comet
- Journey to Ariadne – Part 2: Transmission
- Thank You to My 500 Followers
- Daily Flash Fiction #3 – Skin
- Daily Flash Fiction #4 – Mittens
- A Push to Write
- Art and Writing
- More Activity on My Official Website
- Driving: Canada vs. Japan
I said I was going to have a couple reviews done, but I haven’t typed them up yet. That will need to be done in the next week or so.
A new section, I’ll cover a couple stats from a couple social media platforms I use.
On Twitter, I have 2,058 followers and I follow 2,105. I have exactly 6,000 tweets at this time. How’s that for good timing?
On YouTube, I have 37 subscribers with a total of 6,235 views.
Looking Ahead to September
This should be a big month for writing for me. Part 3 of Journey to Ariadne is finished, but I just need to edit it and submit it for critiques. After a second edit, I’ll post it. Part 4 will also be written soon, and hopefully part 5 before the end of the month.
I’ll have some reviews coming up, including the 2 I intended to post in August. But there should be at least 2 more.
I’ll have a busy month with a day trip to my wife’s hometown and renewing my passport, but posting will not be interrupted for that. I will continue with the daily posting.
Thanks for continuing to read!