Earlier this year, I set my reading challenge at 30 books on Goodreads. I’m stuck at 12 books at the moment. Only 3 months to go and 18 books to go. Not going to happen!
As it stands, I’m almost finished A Storm of Swords, but I have a rather long book after to read. Then it’s a bunch of mostly shorter books. However, I don’t think I’ll make 18 books. But let’s look at what I’ve got coming up.
For paperback/print books, I have the following:
- The Seeds of Earth, by Michael Cobley. It’s a bit long.
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish, by Douglas Adams. It’s quick.
- 3001: The Final Odyssey, by Arthur C. Clarke. Another short one.
- Homeland, by R. A. Salvatore. This isn’t that long.
- Star Trek: Nemesis, by J. M. Dillard. This should be quick, too.
- Deadhouse Gates, by Steven Erikson. Long!
- Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare. This is pretty short.
- The Neutronium Alchemist, by Peter F. Hamilton. This is pretty long.
So, you see what I’ve got to read. The next 8 books consist of 3 long ones, 4 short ones, and a medium-ish one.
I also have e-books to read, but I don’t get through them as quickly, unless they’re short. It should take me long to read the one I’m on at the moment, though. I also have a couple art books by Robert Bateman to read, and they are quick to read.
I do have something else, though. My daughter has the full Beatrix Potter set. They’re all very short books. I could read them.