October, the month of two typhoons. That was quite a month for the blog, as well. I broke some records. The blog now has 566 followers, an increase of 32.
After a slow September, I thought October would be better. And it was. By a long way. The busiest day was October 6th with a total of 257 views. That was the biggest ever. There were 4 days with more than 100 views. Best ever, too. And October had a total of 2,129 views, exceeding 2,000 for the first time. The total is now 21,331 views. There were 49 posts in October, bringing the total to 636.
The month ended with 3,298 comments, 228 coming in October. Only a slight improvement over September.
The top 10 (11) countries were:
- United States (1,245 views)
- Japan (258 views)
- Canada (190 views)
- United Kingdom (97 views)
- Australia (49 views)
- India (29 views)
- Singapore (18 views)
- Spain (16 views)
- Lebanon (10 views)
- Philippines (9 views)
- Pakistan (9 views)
The top 5 most popular posts written in October were:
- Live-blogging Typhoon Phanfone (73 views)
- Live-blogging Typhoon Phanfone – Late Night Fun (62 views)
- Live-blogging Typhoon Phanfone – It Has Arrived (52 views)
- Live-blogging Typhoon Phanfone – Evacuation Order (51 views)
- Questions Answered by Authors (49 views)
My most popular post written before October was the often popular INTJ – An Analysis of My Personality with 42 views.
Posts that deserve another look, but weren’t given enough love were:
- Live-blogging Typhoon Vongfong – Getting a Bit Breezy
- Flash Fiction #7 – Fishing for Votes (Flash! Friday)
- Ingress, the Augmented Reality RPG
- New YouTube Channel: Childishness Only
- Book Review – The Sword and the Dragon
- Ending My Study Break
- Recommended Book Blogs
- So Far from Canada, Yet Feel So Close
- 4 Books and a Photo
- Arachnophobes, Don’t Look
I got only 2 of the 4 reviews I promised last month, but I have 2 finished books that I’ll be reviewing very shortly. But here are last month’s reviews:
Let’s see how Twitter and YouTube are going.
On Twitter, I have 2,170 followers, an increase of 57, while I follow 2,214, an increase of 59. I have 6,165 tweets in total, 86 coming in October.
YouTube was very slow this month, as I’ve fallen behind on videos thanks to YouTube being incredibly slow at processing and uploading videos recently. Kind of frustrating. I still have 35 subscribers, which is unchanged. There are 6,800 views, with only 273 in October. I told you it was slow.
Looking Ahead to November
It’s the anniversary of my start of daily blogging here, and I’ve made some big strides over the year. Look for at least 3 book reviews coming up. I’ll have some short books coming soon, as well.
Part 3 of Journey to Ariadne will finally be posted on my official site, so look forward to that. I also will work on part 4, part 5, and maybe more, if I can find the time. I’ve been encouraged to join NaNoWriMo, but we’ll see.
Thanks for reading, and thank you everyone for the best month yet!