I did another quiz, this time about the United States. Well, here are the answers.
1. What’s the capital of the United States?
It’s Washington, D.C.
2. What are the three largest cities in the US by metropolitan area population?
According to the 2012 estimate, they are: New York City (23,462,099), Los Angeles (18,238,998), and Chicago (9,899,902).
3. What’s the population of the US?
The 2015 estimate is 321,163,157 people.
4. How many states are there?
There are 50, but I’m not going to list them all!
5. What is the largest state by area?
That would be Alaska with an area of 1,477,950 square kilometres.
6. Which state has the smallest population?
According to the 2013 estimate, that would be Wyoming with 582,658 people.
7. If you go directly south from Detroit, where do you end up?
I should’ve been a bit more clear with this question. I meant immediately south, like as soon as you leave Detroit, where are you? I will accept any of the following answers:
- Windsor, Ontario
- Detroit River
So, how did you do? You’ll learn more when I begin Geography Quick Facts, including each state individually. Thanks for participating in the quiz!