Worldbuilding is a big task, and there are many things to consider. You can go into as much detail as you want, depending on the scope of your story. You could involve an entire world, or you can keep it to a small pocket of a continent. Whichever it is, you have to answer some questions. Here are some questions I’d like to answer:
- Is there skiing?
- Where do they go on vacation?
- Where do children play?
- What kind of literature do they read?
- Is there any kind of popular music?
- In that case, are there any idols that young people watch?
- What kind of weapon do they use for hunting?
- What kind of fashion trends are there?
- What are the strange local delicacies that outsiders think are disgusting?
- Do they go to museums?
These seem a bit random, but they could come up when writing a story, both fantasy and science fiction. You often have to consider the more obscure facts that may not even be normally thought of.
Can you think of any other questions?