September was a slow month, but October broke the record for this year. It turned out to be the least busy month. But then, I was on holiday for half of it, and wasn’t able to make my usual quality posts. They were mostly shorter posts, and I didn’t reply to comments in time. Well, that’s finished, so back to normal. The month ended with 1,099 followers, which was an increase of 26.
October was rather consistent for much of the month: that is, it was slow. However, there was a recovery at the end of the month. There were plenty of slow days. 8 out of 30 days were over 100 views. The average number of views per day was 90, which is the lowest this year. The busiest day was October 23rd with 210 views, which was the second best ever. In October, there were 2,790 views, the 13th month in a row that was over 2,000. The total views at the end of October was 56,726. There were 62 posts in October, bringing it to a total of 1,383.
The month ended with 9,788 comments, 454 coming in October.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,635 views)
- Canada (377 views)
- United Kingdom (207 views)
- Japan (111 views)
- Australia (51 views)
- France (50 views)
- Croatia (35 views)
- India (27 views)
- Germany (24 views)
- Ireland (19 views)
The top five posts in October were:
- My Take on this Whole Blogging Thing (61 views)
- Six Months Until Canada, but I Have a Regret (58 views)
- Authors Answer 49 – Writing Necessities (55 views)
- What If…? Unruly Teenagers in a Train Station (50 views)
- Authors Answer 52 – A Big Thank You (50 views)
My most popular post written before October was EmDrive – Has NASA Created a Warp Field? with 228 views. This is the first time it’s been the top post.
Here are some posts that I really think you should read. They need more attention!
- The Evolution of Technology
- Reading for the Next Five Months
- Find Out About Something You’ve Always Wanted to Learn About
- A Day of Downtime
- Questions I Want to Answer With Worldbuilding
- Meeting Buddha
- Many Japan Videos to Come!
- I Want to Take a Picture!
- Election Day Is Monday – Vote!
- That’s a Massive Ferris Wheel – Riding Cosmo Clock 21
- 1251.7 Metres Up on Mt. Oyama
- When My Daughter Graduates High School
- Choose My Best Instagram Photos – Round 1, Group 21
- Using Languages in Fiction – Place Names
- A Tour of a Shinto Shrine in Japan
- Delicious Mushrooms Countdown
- World Festa Yokohama 2015
None at all. Again, I didn’t get around to writing that one review I said I’d write, but it was a busy month. It’ll be coming soon, though.
On Twitter, I have 2,932 followers, which is an increase of 52. I follow 2,862, which is up by 62. I finished with 7,788 tweets, with 141 coming in October.
On YouTube, I uploaded 6 videos in October. I have 42 subscribers, which is unchanged from last month. The month ended with 8,692 views, which is an increase of 204. I have an incredibly large number of videos to edit and upload, so expect these numbers to go up.
Looking Ahead to November
After a slow October, I’m expecting things to pick up for November. A lot is going to happen this month.
First of all, plenty of videos. I know it’s not the blog, but I will be posting them here. They’re all about sightseeing in Japan, and are the reason for October being slow.
I’ll also be working a lot on reviews. Probably 3 this month, as I have 2 books finished and another will soon be finished.
I’m going to focus a lot on reading other blogs and interacting all around WordPress. And I should be getting all caught up on the comments. I expect to also be more active on Twitter.
Some series that are making a comeback are Quick Facts Astronomy and blog spotlights. And Authors Answer is back for its second year!
Look forward to a great month. I expect it’ll be better than October.