Spending my elementary school years in the 1980s, I watched a lot of sitcoms in the evenings. Some were from the 70s, but most were from the 80s.
These were my favourites:
- MASH – This was probably one of the best sitcoms in history.
- Perfect Strangers – I always loved watching this. Balki was hilarious.
- Three’s Company – I remember watching this on a tiny black and white TV in the kitchen during dinner. I thought it was extremely funny.
- The Cosby Show – Despite the recent revelations about what kind of person Bill Cosby is, this was one of the best of the 80s.
- The Golden Girls – Even though it’s supposed to be about four elderly women, this was really funny. Betty White is still amazing.
- All in the Family – I didn’t watch this when I was a kid, but when I was in university. This show challenged a lot of social issues.
Did you watch these shows? What were your favourite 70s and 80s sitcoms?