It’s a new year, but are the commenters new? Or are they regular fixtures in Commentition? Well, the holidays can do strange things to commenting patterns, some people have more time, others are too busy. Let’s find out who’s at the top this month.
The top six commenters are based on the previous 1000 comments, nearly half of which are mine. The rest go to all of you commenters. 460 were my comments, the rest went to others. So here are the top six:
1. Retaining the top spot with 83 comments is our always epic commenter Eric, aka stomperdad. His latest blog post is an epic one: Epic Awesome. See how awesome he is!
2. In second place, with 77 comments, is the always prolific commenter Joanne Corey! But not all was well with her in her latest post: What I didn’t want to spend time on today. Sometimes technology sucks.
3. Third place is also an unchanging one this month. It’s the always amazing S. R. Carrillo with 42 comments! It looks like 2016 is a big year for her, just as it is for me. We both have lots of changes. Find out about hers in Times, They’re a-Changin’.
4. On to fourth place, I’m beginning to sense a pattern. There is no change to the ranking so far. Yet again, it’s Thomas Weaver with 24 comments! His most recent posts are reblogs of Authors Answer, but before that, he posted about something that has become a trend with big publishers, even British ones, improper use of commas! Check out Beyond the Oxford Comma. I love the Oxford comma, by the way.
5. Change! And this is a return to the top six rankings for one commenter after a few months. Welcome back, SD Gates! That’s 21 comments. Her most recent post is about that lottery in the US with the crazy jackpot: The Powerball – $2.00 per ticket to dream.
6. More change! And another return to the ranks. With 18 comments, it’s Tracey Lynn Tobin! Her most recent post is something I’m dealing with as well. It’s about children and reading. Take a look at Raising a Reader.
That’s it for January. Thanks for all the comments in 2015, and I hope to see a lot more in 2016! Who will dominate this year? Who will join the ranks as a newcomer this year? Exciting, isn’t it? I’m looking forward to sharing with you all these wonderful commenters.