I think this is going to be an interesting list. I love living in Japan, but I also love Canada. When I left Canada almost eleven years ago, there were some things that irritated me about Canada. But those have mostly been forgotten. However, this is what I’m not looking forward to about Canada.
- Winter – I don’t like the cold.
- Some TV – Even though variety shows in Japan were kind of stupid, they were still more entertaining than a lot of the shows in Canada.
- Cell phone plan prices and data restrictions.
- Cell phone roaming charges. No roaming in Japan!
- Internet speeds. Japan’s are the fastest in the world.
- Public transportation system. I want trains! But at least driving is better in Canada.
- Fish freshness.
- The sushi, lack of authentic gyudon (beef bowl), and no Japanese style curry rice.
- Country music. Can’t stand it.
- Urban sprawl. Let’s get some density.
- Often featureless countryside in the prairies.
- Obsession and defense of the oil industry.
Well, those are a few things. Canadian readers, anything you don’t like about Canada?