After months of failure to read books, I need to make an effort to read every day in July. I need to finish some books!
When I lived in Japan, my reading time was also limited, but I made sure I read during my commute to and from work. I could easily sit down in the train and read for a few minutes. But I don’t get around by train now, and if I go by bus, the rides are usually too short to really concentrate on a book. If I go by car, I can’t read at all. So, I need to figure out how to read at home with so many people around.
I need to think of a strategy for reading. Here are my ideas:
- Read in the bathroom. I can lock the door.
- Read after everyone’s gone to bed. Best place for this is in the kitchen at the moment. Once the living room is finished and the den is tidied up, I can read in either room.
- Read in my future office. Well, there is room on the floor to sit down at the moment… but not so comfortable. I need to wait for that to be fixed and cleaned up.
- Go to the park. That’s fine for warm days, but I can’t do it on stormy days or winter. And I should stay away from ponds. Too many mosquitoes!
- Read in the back yard. But there’s nothing to sit on.
- Go to the library. Fifteen minutes of walking and I can read in the library. That’s right, bring my own book to the library.
I need to get some reading done! Any other suggestions? Let me know in the comments below.