Slight recovery for August. The numbers were better than July and April, but not so great. However, the second half of the month was looking much better! August ended with 1466 followers, an increase of 56.
August was pretty slow. The average number of views per day was 88, the second worst of the year. Only 9 out of 31 days reached 100 views, though it improved toward the second half of the month. The best day was August 7th with 142 views. The total number of views in August was 2,733, the 23rd month in a row over 2,000. August ended with 88,485 views. There were 62 posts in August, bringing it to a total of 2,009.
In July, there were 364 comments, which was pretty low again. That brings it to a total of 15,745.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,334 views)
- Canada (346 views)
- United Kingdom (261 views)
- Japan (141 views)
- India (114 views)
- Australia (97 views)
- Belgium (46 views)
- Germany (28 views)
- Spain (25 views)
- France (22 views)
The top five posts of August were:
- YouTube’s End Card Feature (62 views)
- Authors Answer 93 – The Practicality Engine (58 views)
- Authors Answer 92 – Lemons and Steel (55 views)
- Proxima Centauri b – Our Newest Neighbour (42 views)
- No Man’s Sky – First Impressions (41 views)
Authors Answer did quite well in August. The format for the month was popular. The most popular post written before August was one of the old popular posts, INTJ – An Analysis of My Personality. It had 65 views.
With the improved use of social media in the second half of the month, I noticed an increase in views. But there were still several posts that underperformed. They were not promoted enough. These are the ones that didn’t do so well, but I think deserve a second look:
- Authors Answer 6, the Video Edition – Writing Mistakes
- The Star Trek Project Video Digest – Star Trek Episode 2
- An Olympic Book Challenge
- Penny Oleksiak Wins Gold!
- A Look Back at Endymion
- Galactic Density of Alien Life in Science Fiction
- Star Trek S1E02 – Charlie X
- Month in Review – July 2016
- Commentition Auspicious August 2016
- Booktube Recommendations
- The Star Trek Project Digest 3 – Not Clickbait!
- Authors Answer 5 – A Video Update!
- The Star Trek Project – Video Digest 1
- Authors Answer Contributors’ YouTube Channels
- Reading Shakespeare with a Speech Jammer
- My Reading Challenges
- Reminder to Self: Watch This No Man’s Sky Video!
- Gifts for Authors – Authors Answer #7 on Video
- 150 Subscribers on YouTube!
- A Video Reflection on The Eye of the World
- No Man’s Sky and Worldbuilding – Part 2
Quite a lot again. I noticed most are from the first half of the month. Bad social media promotion is to blame, I think.
I’ve done a few of my old reviews on video. Check out my YouTube channel below.
On Twitter, I have 3,586 followers, which is a small increase of 36. I follow 3,536, which is up by 58. I finished with 9,253 tweets, with 125 coming in August. That’s not so many.
On YouTube, I uploaded 28 videos in August. I have 171 subscribers, which is an increase of 35 from last month. The month ended with 15,470 views, which is an increase of 2,160. Very good month, though helped by the two viral videos I had. September should be lower again.
On Facebook, my author page has 81 followers, which is up by 1.
On Patreon, I have 0 patrons contributing $0 per month. I don’t expect much until I really start to promote it.
Looking Ahead to September
Something big is happening in September, and that’s new Authors Answer contributors! We’ll also have our 100th Authors Answer at the end of the month. Hard to believe it’s been that many editions.
Hopefully, I’ll have some reviews up, as well as finishing a book or two. That would be nice to get over my reading slump.
On YouTube, I’ll continue as before, but hoping for some improvements, such as end cards. I’ve seen some improvement in subscriptions recently, and that coincides with better editing and more creative videos. I hope the trend continues.
I slowed down a bit with The Star Trek Project in the last couple weeks, but I hope to get back at it.
Basically, I feel that September is a month in which I try to improve many aspects: the blog, videos, and social media.
So, let’s look forward to September!