One step forward, one step back. September turned out to be the worst month in a long time, though not by much. Actually, the last four months have been pretty consistent. And I know why. More of that later. September ended with 1510 followers, an increase of 44.
September was another slow month. The average number of views per day was 87, which equals July as the worst for the year. Only 6 out of 30 days reached 100 views, which is pretty bad. The best day was September 2nd with 130 views. The total number of views in September was 2,612, the 24th month in a row over 2,000. August ended with 91,097 views. There were 60 posts in September, bringing it to a total of 2,069.
In July, there were 287 comments, which was very low. That brings it to a total of 16,032.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,287 views)
- Canada (346 views)
- United Kingdom (247 views)
- Australia (115 views)
- India (112 views)
- Japan (69 views)
- Spain (34 views)
- Germany (28 views)
- France (24 views)
- Singapore (24 views)
The top five (six) posts of September were:
- What’s Going on With YouTube Demonetization? (73 views)
- Authors Answer 96 – Required Reading in English Class (64 views)
- Authors Answer 97 – Memorable School Reads (42 views)
- Authors Answer 98 – Why Did We Have to Read That in School? (40 views)
- Authors Answer 99 – That Annoying English Class Question (38 views)
- Goodbye, Old Friend (38 views)
This was the month of Authors Answer. All of them performed very well, though #100 was just posted yesterday. The most popular post written before September was YouTube’s New End Card Feature, which was also the most popular post in the month with 93 views.
A lot of posts underperformed. Again, this is a symptom of something I’m doing wrong. And I know what I’m doing wrong. I haven’t been keeping up with social media, I haven’t been replying to comments in a timely manner, and I’ve been posting far too many video posts. I’m going to change that, and I’ll talk about that at the end of the post. Here are the posts that didn’t perform well, but should be checked out:
- My Reading Habits
- Week in Review – September 11, 2016
- Star Trek S1E06 – Mudd’s Women
- Planetarium Software
- My Geeky Self
- The Benefit of Making YouTube Videos
- Do You Watch the Paralympics?
- Read the World – Albania Literature
- Week in Review – September 4, 2016
- Month in Review – August 2016
- Rapid Fire Book Tag – An Exercise in Quickness
- Updating My Review Policy
- Intriguing Villain Adventure
- Childhood Favourites and Behind the Scenes
- Week in Review – September 25, 2016
- Read the World Challenge and Q & A
- The First Real Day of School
That’s a lot. Must fix this.
Again, none. I must get that backlog done. And that’s one of my goals this month.
On Twitter, I have 3,642 followers, which is a moderate increase of 56. I follow 3,611, which is up by 75. I finished with 9,466 tweets, with 213 coming in September. I’ve been working on using Twitter more recently.
On YouTube, I uploaded 32 videos in September. I have 229 subscribers, which is an increase of 58 from last month. The month ended with 17,336 views, which is an increase of 1,866. It was a pretty good month, and it only seems to keep improving.
On Facebook, my author page has 81 followers, which is unchanged
On Patreon, I have 0 patrons contributing $0 per month. I don’t expect much until I really start to promote it.
Looking Ahead to October
With the poor performance over the last four months, I have some things I’m going to do.
First of all, keep up with social media. I will post each blog post on social media as soon as it’s done.
Second, I will start doing weekly digests for my videos. The video posts tend to perform poorly, so if you want to see the videos, then either subscribe to my channel or watch for the digest every week. I think they’ll come every Saturday. However, if the video is important and I have a post that’s relevant, it’ll be in that post.
Third, back to what I was doing before. More interesting, in depth posts in text form. That’s what blogs are for, reading. Not videos.
And finally, I have some reviews to post. They will be done!
So, October is the month to get back on track.