It was an odd month. It was also the first month in a while that I failed to make two posts a day. I scaled back to once a day, but it was for a few reasons. I needed a bit of a breather. I needed to concentrate on some other things. And it’s going to continue into November because I’m participating in NaNoWriMo. October ended with 1574 followers, which is a very good increase of 64.
October was the slowest month since November 2014. The average number of views per day was 70, which is the worst of the year. Only 2 out of 31 days reached 100 views, which is not good at all. The best day was October 28th with 199 views. The total number of views in October was 2,180, the 25th month in a row over 2,000. October ended with 93,277 views. There were 41 posts in October, bringing it to a total of 2,110.
In October, there were 246 comments, which was very low. That brings it to a total of 16,278.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,008 views)
- Canada (289 views)
- United Kingdom (209 views)
- India (84 views)
- Australia (79 views)
- Japan (76 views)
- Spain (40 views)
- Germany (27 views)
- Turkey (27 views)
- Netherlands (18 views)
The top five posts of October were:
- Authors Answer 104 – Best Advice for Authors (158 views)
- An Introvert’s Life (47 views)
- Snow and Books! The Jay Dee Show 1 (32 views)
- Authors Answer 103 – Top Influencing Books (30 views)
- Authors Answer 101 – Books That Make Us Laugh (29 views)
Authors Answer 104 did incredibly well. That was a big one. The most popular post written before October was YouTube’s New End Card Feature with 141 views.
Underperformance was the theme for the entire month, except for a couple posts. Again, the issue was poor social media usage and responding to comments very late. Therefore, there were a few posts that didn’t do well. So, check out these posts, because they do deserve a look!
- Join My Adventures in Japan
- Three Book Reviews Coming Soon!
- YouTube’s End Card Feature Is Here!
- Week in Review – October 23, 2016
- Emergency! Must Watch The Shannara Chronicles!
- The Star Trek Project Video Digest 4 – My Worst Acting Ever
- Week in Review – October 9, 2016
- A Snowman or a Snow Rabbit?
- It’s a Good Feeling
- I Won a Contest! The Jay Dee Show 4
- A Hilarious New Pokemon
- The Snow Doesn’t Stop! The Jay Dee Show 2
- Read the World – Andorra Literature
- Fall Colours
- Snow? Snow!
I’d planned on doing these, but never did get around to them. Timing has been terrible.
On Twitter, I have 3,658 followers, which is a very small increase of 16. I follow 3,611, which is up by 45. I finished with 9,669 tweets, with 203 coming in October. A good number of tweets, but a very small increase in followers.
On YouTube, I uploaded 29 videos in October. I have 268 subscribers, which is an increase of 39 from last month. The month ended with 18,912 views, which is an increase of 1,576. It was a decent month, but a bit down from the previous month.
On Facebook, my author page has 82 followers, which is an increase of 1.
On Patreon, I have 0 patrons contributing $0 per month. I don’t expect much until I really start to promote it.
Looking Ahead to November
I’m pretty disappointed in October. More with myself, actually. Things I’d wanted to do at the beginning of October I never did. What I need to do are the following:
- Use social media to promote the blog as soon as I’ve made the posts.
- Schedule posts for late afternoon so they appear at times when people are reading blogs.
- Schedule videos for late afternoon, as well.
- Respond to comments within two days.
- And probably most importantly, the thing that drives new readers and viewers to my blog and YouTube channels, go out and post comments on other blogs and videos! I need to spend time doing that.
I’m also going to work on getting those reviews up within the next couple weeks. There are four to do! And this is also the month in which I concentrate on writing. I’m doing NaNoWriMo, so I hope to get some good work done.
November, definitely the month to refocus.