As my post a day experiment continues this month, and likely ends at the end of the year, the comments still come in more slowly than they used to. And I expect the upcoming holidays will be slow, as well. But let’s find out how the standings have changed!
The top six commenters are based on the previous 1000 comments, nearly half of which are mine. The rest go to all of you commenters. 439were my comments, the rest went to others. So here are the top six:
1. The competition for the top position was incredibly close. Just 1 comment separates first from second! With 66 comments, our first place commenter is Miriam, up from third! Her latest post is a photographic one, but reflects on 2016 and looks ahead to 2017. Check out New Horizon.
2. Coming in very close behind first place with 65 comments is stomperdad! He’s down one spot. The top two were so closely matched throughout the last two weeks, I could never tell who would take the top spot. His latest post is part of a series he’s doing this month: The Daily Elf.
3. In third place, down from second, we have a regular top three commenter. With 61 comments, it’s Gradmama2011! Her latest post is a bit of a political one. Check out the trouble with time limits.
4. Next up in fourth place is someone who didn’t change position at all. With 37 comments, it’s Thomas Weaver! His latest post is part of his long-running writing mistake series. Check out Writing Glitch #246.
5. And then, in fifth place, we have someone who has a blog, but no posts. With 33 comments, it’s my sister, leeannarcher! Check out her post-less blog!
6. And finally, do we get a new commenter? Let’s see. With 25 comments, we have The Shameful Narcissist! She hasn’t moved in the rankings at all. Take a look at her latest post, part of a weekly Sunday series, Question of the Week: 12/11/16.
Well then, we finish the year with the same six commenters yet again. They’re persistent, aren’t they? It’s tough competition getting in the top six, so I have to wonder if the holidays are going to affect anything. Who’s going to be in the top six in the first Commentition of 2017?
Thanks to everyone who comments! I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments. I’m looking forward to many more years of comments!