Happy New Year!
December slowed down. That was expected. I wasn’t planning on keeping the twice a day posting schedule I stopped doing three months ago. I even missed a day! However, the numbers aren’t that bad. With the holidays at the end of the month, a slowdown was expected. December ended with 1,659 followers, an increase of 26.
December ended up being the second slowest month of the year in terms of views. It was better than October, but worse than November. The average number of views per day was 73, which is the second worst of the year. Only 3 out of 31 days reached 100 views, which is the same as November. The best day was December 29th with 121 views. The total number of views in December was 2,254, the 27th month in a row over 2,000. December ended with 97,817 views. There were 30 posts in December, bringing it to a total of 2,172.
In December, there were 187 comments, which was the worst in a while. That brings it to a total of 16,686.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,126 views)
- Canada (250 views)
- Japan (142 views)
- United Kingdom (140 views)
- Australia (81 views)
- India (71 views)
- Germany (31 views)
- Philippines (28 views)
- Croatia (23 views)
- Argentina (22 views)
The top five posts of December were:
- WordPress Changes Things Again (55 views)
- Authors Answer 111 – Killing Off Main Characters (37 views)
- Authors Answer 113 – Writing in 2016 (28 views)
- Authors Answer 112 – Characters Celebrating Christmas (24 views)
- The Multilingual Desire (23 views)
The most popular post written before December was an old favourite, INTJ – An Analysis of My Personality. It had 109 views.
Following the same trend from last month, older posts are remaining popular. That’s a good thing. However, since I’ve been falling behind on social media again, it the newer posts haven’t been receiving the benefits of publicizing. Despite that, there were some good performances. As for posts that didn’t perform well, and I think deserve a look, check out these:
- Star Trek S1E09 – Dagger of the Mind
- Read the World – Antigua and Barbuda Literature
- Week in Review – December 11, 2016
- Where’s the Vlog?! The Jay Dee Show 11
- A Big 300! The Jay Dee Show 9
- Merry Christmas!
- Week in Review – December 19, 2016
- Merry Tagmas! The Jay Dee Show 12
- Week in Review – December 4, 2016
- An Authors Answer Week! The Jay Dee Show 10
- Commentition Decadent December 2016
- A Completely Impulsive Change
- 2016, What the Hell?
- TV Review – The Walking Dead Season 1
- Month in Review – November 2016
- The Final Two Weeks of 2016
- Week in Review – December 25, 2016
Nothing, despite what I promised. Next week, I have a lot of free time. Expect several reviews.
On Twitter, I have 3,674 followers, which is a decrease of 10. I follow 3,684, which is a decrease of 3. I actually followed a lot. I think Twitter did a big purge of dead accounts. I finished with 10,031 tweets, with 159 coming in December. That’s less, but I was busier last month.
On YouTube, I uploaded 30 videos in December. I have 342 subscribers, which is an increase of 40 from last month. The month ended with 22,715 views, which is an increase of 2,052. It was another improved performance. The channel is growing.
On Facebook, my author page has 84 followers, which is a decrease of 1.
On Patreon, I have 0 patrons contributing $0 per month. I don’t expect much until I really start to promote it.
Looking Ahead to January
With a new year comes new goals. I have plans to improve not only the blog, but also my booktube channel, get the science channel going, and have a stronger presence on social media. My specific goals are:
- Resume twice a day posts on the blog.
- Read other blogs for 15 minutes a day, including commenting and following.
- Keep up on comments on this blog.
- Post book reviews!
- Keep up to date on social media regarding this blog.
- Maintain a 5-7 video a week schedule for my booktube channel
- Start my science channel and post 2 videos a week.
- Make a new channel trailer for my booktube channel and another for the science channel.
- Speed up my viewing of Star Trek and finish watching Attack on Titan, ending with a review.
- Write at least 15 minutes a day.
As you can see, there’s plenty to do this month. There are other things I want to do, and I hope to get these things done. I really need to make sure I’ve got social media up to date and am active on it. I’m looking forward to the new year, because it has to be better than 2016!