I’m itching to get started on Quick Facts Geography. I have a few ideas about how I’d like to do it, as well as what I want to include. For each country, I’ll provide facts and information that you can quickly find, rather than having a wall of text to search through.
So, here is what I’m thinking about including:
- Country name, origin of name, and name in official language.
- Official language(s)
- Map (Google Maps embedded)
- Official religion (if available)
By the Numbers
- Year of independence
- Highest point (with picture)
- Lowest point
- Borders with neighbours
- Administrative divisions
- Life expectancy at birth
- Human Development Index
- Five largest cities with population and pictures (these will be public domain or shareable via Creative Commons).
- Description of general areas: mountain ranges, major lakes, major rivers, etc.
- Climate zones (Koppen classifications)
- Average high and low for hottest and coldest months at selected locations.
Some information may not be included, some may be added. This is not a complete list, and is subject to change.
So, I would like some suggestions from you. What would you like to see included in Quick Facts Geography? Let me know in the comments below. Thanks!