As a lover of knowledge, I’m always yearning to learn more. In 2014, I started participating in MOOC, Massive Open Online Courses. I’m also studying language on my own at home. Below, you can see my progress, as well as future courses.
- Astrobiology and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life, University of Edinburgh through Coursera. Finished February 19, 2014. With distinction. Final grade: 92.5%.
- Dino 101: Dinosaur Paleobiology, University of Alberta through Coursera. Finished March 15, 2014. Final grade: 100%.
- Imagining Other Earths, Princeton University through Coursera. Finished May 2, 2014.
- Moons, The Open University through Future Learn. Finished May 2, 2014. Final grade: 93%.
- Start Writing Fiction, The Open University through Future Learn. Finished June 21, 2014.
- Introduction to Ecosystems, The Open University through Future Learn. Finished June 25, 2014. Final grade: 81%.
- Archaeology of Portus, University of Southampton through Future Learn. Finished June 27, 2014.
- What a Plant Knows, the University of Tel Aviv through Coursera. FInished December 30, 2014.
- None at the moment.
- None at the moment.
- Japanese. I’m interested in becoming conversational. I have used various textbooks, and may begin conversation lessons.
- French. Studied for 8 years before, now started again at duolingo. Level 9.
- Esperanto. I’m studying this to make language learning easier. Level 6.
- Spanish. Started studying at duolingo. Level 6.
- German. I’m part German and have an interest. Started studying at duolingo. Level 4.
- Norwegian. I’m part Norwegian and have an interest. Level 2.
- Italian. After French and Spanish, this is a next step. Level 2.
- Irish. I’m part Irish, and I’d like to learn this. Level 2.
- Portuguese. May be started before or after Italian. Level 2.
- Turkish. Just because it seems interesting, and it’s something different. Level 2.
- Dutch. It’s similar to English. Level 2.
- Swedish. Similar to Norwegian. Level 2.
- Danish. More challenging, but similar to Norwegian. Level 2.
- Welsh. Very interested in this Celtic language. Level 2.
- Polish. A challenging language. Level 2.
- Ukrainian. My introduction to Cyrillic.
- Russian. My grandfather was born in Russia. I’d like to speak it.
The languages will be difficult to find the time to learn, and I’m unlikely to tackle them all. But I can always dream.