With half of my books still on a boat somewhere on the Pacific and a good number of my books sold, I have to redo my reading order. But since I have new books, why not start with those? For these, I’m going to go by feeling (not necessarily in order of how good I think it’ll be) while alternating between fantasy and science fiction. So, here’s my new reading order:
- Redemption Ark, by Alastair Reynolds (in progress)
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N. K. Jemisin
- The Martian, by Andy Weir
- Theft of Swords, by Michael J. Sullivan
- Consider Phlebas, by Iain M. Banks
- Mistborn: The Final Empire, by Brandon Sanderson
- The Player of Games, by Iain M. Banks
- The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
- Use of Weapons, by Iain M. Banks
- The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson
Okay, so the last book in this list is one of the highest rated fantasy books on Goodreads. Maybe I just want to save the best for last? After that book, I’m not sure what I’ll read. I’ll have to see what I have when the rest of my books arrive, and go from there. I have to rebuild my library!
What do you think of the order I chose?