I’ve posted about home libraries before, and there were some impressive ones. Bookbub has now shown us twenty more amazing home libraries. I’ve seen only one of them before, so all the others are completely new to me. Let’s take a quick look through them all. I suggest going to the Bookbub page while you see what I have to say about them.
1. The bedroom is interesting. A bit too white for me, though.
2. The blue room looks like it has a good sized bookshelf, but I’m not impressed very much. Looks classical, though.
3. The green one is also classical, but like the blue room, doesn’t impress me. Maybe I’m not so interested in the classical?
4. Now, this is more like it. I like this one. It’s big and airy. The bookshelf is fairly big, too. I like the big open space this room provides.
5. I hadn’t thought of this before. A walk-in closet converted into a home library. This is an interesting idea, though nowhere to sit. I could go for it, though.
6. This is another simple design, but look closely at it. There are books in every single possible space. Even under the sofa. I like it.
7. This is impressive. High bookshelves, and a nice view through the window. This is probably one of my favourites.
8. Another classical design. For some reason, I like this one better than the other ones. It seems cozy.
9. Wow. That is a tall bookshelf! My only question is how they get the books down. I haven’t been able to find a ladder.
10. These blue bookshelves aren’t doing anything for me. Not interested in the room’s design.
11. This isn’t bad. Love the amount of bookshelves, but I don’t think the room’s design is very inspiring.
12. Very red! Actually, my dream home office/library has red walls, but dark red. And the shelves have to be wood, not painted red. And I’d like a modern couch and desk.
13. The couch dominates in this one. The shelves seem smaller than in other rooms. Looks comfortable, though.
14. This is Neil Gaiman’s library. Impressive collection, though I don’t like the ceiling. To me, it feels unfinished. But maybe he likes this design.
15. Simple. Nice TV. I could go for this, but it’s not the greatest. But I could live with it.
16. This is interesting. I like this one. Maybe it’s because of the shape of the room. I tend to like rooms that aren’t the standard cube. We have angles here!
17. I am impressed! That bookshelf is incredible. Extremely high. I’d be afraid of falling down. But very nice.
18. This is kind of cozy, but I’m afraid it’s not my kind of design. I think I’d pass on this one.
19. Very simple. Looks like it belongs in a museum, though. The books all look fake in this picture. They’re all the same colour!
20. The colour looks a bit old-fashioned to me. Not really liking this one very much.
I think that out of all of these rooms, I like the design of number 7 the most. I could see this in my future home. Modern, spacious, and lots of bookshelves.
How about you? Which ones do you like?