Let me update you on what’s been going on. You may have noticed that I stopped the A to Z Challenge, as well as a lack of posts other than Authors Answer. And the last one wasn’t even posted! Well, a lot has happened.
Early this month, I caught a cold that completely stole my energy. I still cough because of it, so it’s not completely gone. At the same time, I lost my appetite, and often felt sick to the stomach. I couldn’t eat a full meal for two weeks. I’m glad that’s over. But that’s not all!
Since April 14, I’ve been working every day. Today was my last day (ten days in a row) during this stretch. I was working more than 8 hours a day, as well. And the work I was doing was very physical. I came home exhausted and sore. I tried working on Authors Answer two days ago, but I was just so tired I couldn’t focus on it.
Now that this is over, and I have some time off, I’ll be back to the blog! Don’t worry about Authors Answer. It will be posted today. The first time in 129 weeks I missed posting on schedule. I’ll also continue with the A to Z Challenge and complete it, although not on schedule. I’m hoping to get the remaining 22 videos and posts done within the next couple weeks.
And you know what? I missed this month’s Commentition!
So, that’s what’s been happening. Expect a lot of things to happen.
Well, my 40th birthday is ending in less than an hour. Frankly, I don’t like that number. It’s an age many people dread. So, I’m just not going to care about age.
And then it happened. I stubbed my toe on a door, lost my footing at the top of the stairs, and went tumbling down. Scraped and bruised shoulder and elbow, scraped hand, and bruised knee.
Happy birthday to me.
It’s no secret I’ve had little luck with writing lately. I’m not going to repeat the reasons here. But I have learned a few things while I haven’t been writing much.
Stories keep piling up.
I keep thinking about different story ideas. And they don’t stop. They’re in my mind, and they keep multiplying.
Taking other creative avenues.
I’m still remaining creative. My creativity has moved largely to YouTube. With my new science channel, I’ve been working a lot more on the editing and trying to make it look better.
I’m not reading more.
I’m writing less, but I’m not reading more. My reading seems to suffer when I don’t write. Why would that be?
Being busy doesn’t help.
I’ve been busy in many ways. This really doesn’t help my writing. If my days were simpler, I’d be able to write a lot more. But life isn’t simple.
While I may not be writing much, I’m still thinking about the books I want to write. And I want to write many.
Here’s what I’ve been thinking about recently:
- My daughter read her first book by herself. This is actually pretty exciting for me.
- I worry about the future of science in the US.
- Climate change is real. Stop trying to hide it.
- I wonder which team will draft me when I finish this season in the OHL in NHL 17 in Be a Pro mode.
- This had me laughing my ass off.
- Tomorrow is my daughter’s 5th birthday. This weekend will be the first time that we have a birthday party for her and invited friends. I wonder how it’ll go.
- What should I watch on Netflix?
- I loved the school group that came through at work yesterday. Amazing kids.
- I miss Japan.
What have you been thinking about recently?
It’s still the holiday season, especially at work. I work six days this week, so I haven’t had as much time as usual at home. I’ve also been working a lot of evenings, which is different than usual. Unfortunately, this has led to some disruptions to my schedule already this month.
I said I’d be doing two posts a day this month, but I missed one yesterday. I worked late, and didn’t have much time to do my second post. I also haven’t had time to record videos as usual. I have to actually sacrifice my regular Retro Book Review that I’d normally post tomorrow. I may still do it on Saturday, meaning two videos that day. But I also work on Saturday, so we’ll see.
Next week, I’m free all week. My daughter goes back to school, both Kindergarten and Japanese school. Since I have this free time, I’ll be doing several things:
- Regular videos, possibly getting ahead of schedule.
- Getting my science channel under way, probably posting the channel trailer at the end of the week.
- Lots of book reviews for the blog.
- Playing NHL 17 on the Xbox.
The last one is just for my own enjoyment, of course.
I’m thinking about getting back to doing Quick Facts for the moons of the solar system, as well. I have my job to thank for the inspiration to get back to it.
In case you’re wondering about the videos I’ll be doing for my science channel, I have a few things planned:
- Weekly science news (this will include astronomy news and more, as well as weekly facts, such as world population updates)
- Weekly science videos (I will focus on astronomy at first, but expand to other sciences later)
- Raw science news updates for any big news that I want to report about right away. These will be kind of rough videos with little editing.
To do these videos, I need to get to work on using a new video editor that allows me to do video overlays and picture in picture video. I’m going to install it soon.
Anything you’re looking forward to?
Although it’s now the second day of 2017, here are my “resolutions” for the year. Actually, I don’t do resolutions, just rough ideas I’d like to achieve. And they are:
- In terms of reading, read 24 books, or two per month.
- In terms of writing, finish Journey to Ariadne and start Knight of Ariadne.
- As for my booktube channel, continue to improve my editing and make a lot of videos.
- For my new science channel, make high quality educational videos that people find interesting and entertaining.
- Get a car.
- Work full time.
- Go on a trip to the west coast with my family.
I think they’re all pretty doable. Nothing extreme. What are your plans for 2017?
I’ve talked about being an introvert before. I’ve talked about being an INTJ, the misconceptions of introverts (shyness in particular), and responding to lists about introverts. But I’ve never done this. I made a video!
Reaching an entirely new audience, I’m talking about what it’s like to be an introvert. I discussed a few different topics, such as:
- Small talk
- Alone time
- Answering your phone
- Being centre of attention
- Being observant
- Social anxiety
- Practicing conversations
- Being asked, “What’s wrong with you?”
- “Introversion is bad”
So, check out the video:
Any introverts reading this? What your life like as an introvert? Let me know in the comments below.