We all have our likes and dislikes. Most of the time, people have likes and dislikes that are pretty common. But sometimes, we may have some unpopular opinions. Let’s start with some literary ones:
- My favourite fantasy series is Terry Brooks’ Shannara series. That’s probably not a very common opinion. I just love the series.
- My favourite science fiction series is Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series. Many people think it’s fantasy, but it’s not. I will argue that it’s science fiction, because it is! But I doubt that it’s a common favourite.
- I loved Shakespeare in high school. Pretty sure most people didn’t like it.
- My favourite book read in school was The Chrysalids, by John Wyndham. Despite the blatant deus ex machina, I really enjoyed this book!
And now for some non-literary opinions.
- I love Marmite. Really. A lot.
- I loved Star Trek: Enterprise. Well, mostly. A lot of people thought it was the worst series, but I enjoyed it a lot, and I wish it went the full 7 seasons.
- I enjoy earthquakes and typhoons. Weird, huh?
- I can’t stand crab and lobster. I love shrimp, but I don’t want to touch their bigger cousins.
- I hate tomatoes so much, I can’t eat pizza that has tomato sauce. It’s just gross.
Anything surprise you? How about you? What are some likes and dislikes of yours that are uncommon? Let me know in the comments below.
I have an interest in reading some classic authors. I’ve read Shakespeare, Homer, and a limited amount of 19th century literature, but I’d like to read more.
I tried the 99 Classic Books Challenge on List Challenges, and my score was dismal. I’ve only read six of the books. Isn’t that pathetic? There are a couple more in that list that I own, but haven’t read yet.
I need suggestions. I have some questions for you to answer, so please leave them in the comments below.
- Which classic author and book do you recommend from the 20th century?
- Which classic author and book do you recommend from the 19th century?
- How about the 18th century?
- 17th century?
- 11th to 16th century?
- 1st to 10th century?
- 1st century BCE and beyond?
If you don’t have an answer for some of these, don’t worry. Leave it blank. I’m looking forward to your answers. Thanks!
I’ve searched and searched, but I can’t find one! I’m talking about a Facebook Booktubing group. Well, that’s not entirely true. I’ve found groups for Booktubers in Brazil, Mexico, and Uruguay, but none for Booktubing in general. I was a bit surprised. There are Booktuber lists on Twitter, but very little on Facebook.
So, I’m thinking about starting a group on Facebook where Booktubers can discover new Booktubers and share their videos. My thought is to keep it as a public group so anyone can join, including people who are just interested in watching the videos. However, I worry about people who join and spam the group. Maybe there should be an approval process? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below if you’d be interested in something like this and whether it should be public or private.
I asked these questions before with fantasy, which I still invite you to answer. Like I said before, I love reading fantasy, but I prefer writing science fiction more. However, I still love reading science fiction. So, please answer these questions in the comments:
- What’s your favourite science fiction novel?
- What’s your favourite science fiction series?
- Who’s your favourite science fiction author?
Thanks for answering! I look forward to hearing what you say.
I’m a big fan of reading fantasy novels. I think I like reading them more than science fiction, even though I prefer writing science fiction. But I’d like to know your opinions about fantasy novels. So, please answer these three questions in the comments section:
- What’s your favourite fantasy novel?
- What’s your favourite fantasy series?
- Who’s your favourite fantasy author?
I look forward to your answers.
I’m going to start doing something new on this blog. Not reblog. Those don’t get read very much. I’m going to respond to other people’s blog posts.
I’m going to link to the original blog post that I feel needs to be responded to, and write what I think about the topic. I will respond to anything about writing, books, science, environment, and sometimes current events. I will respond to some things I agree with, and I will tackle some posts I completely disagree with. I want to show another side of an argument or add on to a topic I think is important.
And to start things off, I’m going to take requests. If you have a blog post you’d like me to respond to, let me know in the comments below. Preferably your blog post, but I’ll take other suggestions, too. Looking forward to seeing what you want me to respond to.