Tomorrow, my daughter has a project due for her kindergarten class. It’s a Leprechaun trap. And this is what we made together.
She did a lot of the colouring herself. The rainbow is hers, as well. Those yellow circles are gold coins. You see, a Leprechaun climbs the ladder, follows the coins, sees a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and falls through a trap door.
It’s not a masterpiece, but she loved making it with me. I even found her keeping it near herself while she watched My Little Pony on Netflix. She was protecting it. She’s pretty proud of it. When it was time for bed, she wanted to take it up to her room, but she’d just be distracted by it.
Tomorrow morning, I just have to remember to dress her in green.
This is my project:
Doesn’t look like much yet, but I’m going to have it set up so I can write, do videos, and work in a quiet place. There are a lot of boxes and things in there, and space needs to be made for me to set up my computer, but I’ll work on it over time.
First of all, I just want some space to put my computer and sit down. We need a rug to protect the floor from a chair. That’s all I need in the beginning.
After that, I’ll want to arrange the room and hide the boxes, so a partition or sheets hanging from the ceiling would work.
What I’m going to do is give you updates on the Office Project periodically when I’ve done something. I’ll be getting something done soon, so I should have an update within the next week.
What would you do with the room? Let me know in the comments.
The first month of my international book project is coming to an end, so it’s time to compile the list of books so far. The list below is complete up until now. But it doesn’t represent the world yet. So, I need your help in filling in this list. Go to the original post and make your recommendation. And please share the post (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, Reddit, StumbleUpon, reblog, or just write a post about it).
So, here is the list so far:
- Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery
- Fifth Business, by Robertson Davies
- Alice Munro
- The Egyptian, by Mika Waltari
- Seven Brothers, by Aleksis Kivi
- Under the North Star, by Väinö Linna
- Unknown Soldiers, by Väinö Linna
- The Closet of Savage Mementos, by Nuala NiChonchuir
- The Secret Scripture, by Sebastian Barry
- A Star Called Henry, by Roddy Doyle
- Star of the Sea, by Joseph O’Connor
- Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe
- Kameleonmenneskene, by Hans Olav Lahlum
- Don Quixote, by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- The Emigrants, by Vilhelm Moberg
The United Kingdom
- Bird Song, by Sebastian Faulks (suggested 2 times)
The United States
- Mark Twain
- Ernest Hemingway
- Louis L’Amore
- Stephen King
I will keep a list on a separate post or page and update regularly. But for now, when sharing this project with other people, please share the original post. Thank you!