Rather disappointing numbers this month. While it wasn’t the lowest in terms of views for the year, it was the slowest on average. July was slow last year, but not like this. On the other hand, I had a really big month on YouTube. July ended with 1410 followers, a rather decent increase of 46.
July was slow. Really, really slow. The average number of views per day was 87, the lowest since December 2014. Only 9 out of 31 days reached 100 views, though there was a high in the middle and end of the month. The best day July 11th with 134 views. The total number of views in July was 2,698, the 22nd month in a row over 2,000. July ended with 85,752 views. There were 67 posts in July, bringing it to a total of 1,947.
In July, there were 375 comments, which was rather low. That brings it to a total of 15,381.
The top ten countries were:
- United States (1,076 views)
- Canada (494 views)
- United Kingdom (246 views)
- Japan (229 views)
- Australia (101 views)
- Belgium (84 views)
- India (62 views)
- Germany (30 views)
- South Korea (26 views)
- Ireland (25 views)
The top five (seven) posts of July were:
- My Selfish Wishlist of Things I Want to Do (41 views)
- 25 Facts About Me (40 views)
- Pokemon WENT (38 views)
- The Star Trek Project (33 views)
- Severe Thunderstorm Here Right Now! (Edmonton) (32 views)
- Authors Answer 91 – An Amazon Nightmare (32 views)
- Pokemon GO Available in Canada (32 views)
The most popular post written before July was one that went viral earlier this year. It was To Those Who Blame Justin Trudeau for CPP Investment in Mumbai with 162 views.
It was another slow month with no stand-out post. I think a lot of it has to do with my poor usage of social media recently. Here are the posts I think could have done better and deserve another look.
- Authors Answer 3 in Video Form!
- Booktube Isn’t Enough – New Channel!
- Month in Review – June 2016
- Japanese Made Funny – Book Review on Video
- Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Star Trek Discovery
- Week in Review – July 24, 2016
- Edmonton Storm Update: Flooding!
- 2001: A Video Review
- Language Test Drives
- My Daughter Will Be a Rock Climber
- Unboxing Books – I Love the Wheel of Time Covers!
- Week in Review – July 17, 2016
- A Month on Booktube!
- I Am Literally Watching Paint Dry
- Week in Review – July 10, 2016
- Authors Answer: The Movie Part 1
- We Paints Our Precious Boards
That’s a lot. And not all vlog posts this time. I’d just chalk it up to a slow summer.
On Twitter, I have 3,550 followers, which is an increase of 81. I follow 3,478, which is up by 87. I finished with 9,128 tweets, with 143 coming in July.
On YouTube, I uploaded a huge 31 videos in July. I have 136 subscribers, which is a big increase of 47 from last month. The month ended with 13,310 views, which is an increase of 2,887. Best month ever, and better than the blog! However, there were a couple semi-viral videos, and I expect August to be lower.
On Facebook, my author page has 80 followers, which is up by 2.
On Patreon, I have 0 patrons contributing $0 per month. I just started it, so it’s bound to have nothing at first.
Looking Ahead to August
July was disappointing on the blog, but amazing on YouTube. I expect August to continue with a lot of videos and the usual blog posts. However, there’s something new: The Star Trek Project. I will be reviewing every single Star Trek episode from every series, as well as every movie. This is a big project. It’ll be available both on my blog and on YouTube.
Authors Answer will be incredibly interesting this month. We’re doing something completely new, so look forward to this week’s.
Reviews need to be done, as well. I have three to do to get caught up, and I have my current books to finish reading. I haven’t done enough.
On social media, I will attempt to be all caught up this week, then stay caught up. This may help the numbers, too.
So, let’s have a great month in August! See improvements in social media, commenting, and more!