Now that we’re back from holiday, and I still have a couple days off from work, I can get back to work on everything. I’ve already written about plans for 2016, but I want to make some more specific things clear.
First of all, some immediate goals.
- Catch up on comments.
- Month in Review for December.
- Weekly Review for the end of December/beginning of January.
- A major project that will consist of only one post. It should come later today.
Now some long term goals.
- Authors Answer will continue weekly, despite my time away from computers and the internet in late March/early April. I’ll just have the posts scheduled.
- Quick Facts will be weekly, and maybe at some point bi-weekly.
- Put up the Taste of Japan videos regularly.
- Make Life in Japan videos based on the posts I’ve done on this blog.
- Write regularly after our move to Canada
- Read every day at home, and hopefully read 25 books this year.
- Regularly update my parenting blog this year.
- Get back to work on my Japan blog.
- Keep my official author’s site updated every month.
- Get a domain name for my official author’s site?
- Start on some major content for my official author’s site.
- Worldbuilding posts every week.
- Study French every day.
- Study Japanese every day.
- Study Spanish occasionally until I finish French on duolingo. Then every day.
- Get a car.
- Get a new job in Canada.
- Write multiple short stories and flash fiction.
- Enter a couple writing competitions.
- Join the recreation centre near our Canada home and try skating and swimming often.
Some specific aspects:
Worldbuilding – I’ve done so few posts on this, but I have so many to do. I’d like to work on writing these weekly. I have a list of topics to write about, and it’ll be extremely thorough.
Writing – Journey to Ariadne needs to be completed this year. I will also start on the first Ariadne novel and possibly the solar system novella series.
Languages – I will complete the test drives, and whenever any new language comes out, I’ll test drive that, as well. But for now, finish the course on duolingo for French while also doing Spanish at a slower pace. Once French is done, work on the reverse course and do Spanish every day while I study German at a slow pace. This pattern continues. Once I finish Spanish, German takes over, and I start Irish. Once German is finished, Irish is my focus, and I start on Norwegian. Then Russian, and so on.
Quick Facts – I’ll resume working on Astronomy Quick Facts, focusing on the moons of the solar system. I also want to get started on Geography, which will go through the countries of the world alphabetically. The other one I’d like to work on is Dinosaurs, also alphabetically.
At the beginning of the year, I feel ambitious. I just wonder if I can do all of this. These are just plans, so I can’t guarantee if they’ll all happen. I can hope.
Anything interesting catch your eye?