What would you write if you’re given a couple of paragraphs and a theme? How would you finish the scene in under one thousand words? Well, this challenge is for the writer in you.
Every week or two, I post a challenge, a prompt that starts out a scene, and entrants must finish the scene in whatever way they want. The rules are simple:
- Copy the prompt.
- Finish the scene in your own words based on the genre or theme provided. It must be under 1,000 words.
- Post the scene on your blog.
- Link back to the post with the original prompt on this blog.
- Post a link back to your blog post in the comments section.
I’m not a stickler on content, profanity is fine, sexual references are fine, but just no descriptions of sex. Erotica isn’t welcome.
When the deadline has passed, I will read all the entries and choose a winner. The prize for the winner is a chance to be a guest judge and write their own prompt. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
- Neptune – Science Fiction. Original post, and winner: Tracey Lynn Tobin – 10 entries
- Precipice – Fantasy. Original post, and winner: Tara Southwell – 5 entries
- I, Elephant – Animals. Original post, and winner: Tara Southwell – 2 entries
- Electrical Box – Supernatural (by Tracey Lynn Tobin). Original post, and winner: Peggy – 2 entries
- Shaking Things Up – Open theme (by Tara Southwell). Original post, and winner: Peggy – 2 entries
- It’s History – Historical Fiction. Original post, and winner: Joshua Bertetta – 4 entries
5 thoughts on “What Will You Write?”