We all have our likes and dislikes. Most of the time, people have likes and dislikes that are pretty common. But sometimes, we may have some unpopular opinions. Let’s start with some literary ones:
- My favourite fantasy series is Terry Brooks’ Shannara series. That’s probably not a very common opinion. I just love the series.
- My favourite science fiction series is Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern series. Many people think it’s fantasy, but it’s not. I will argue that it’s science fiction, because it is! But I doubt that it’s a common favourite.
- I loved Shakespeare in high school. Pretty sure most people didn’t like it.
- My favourite book read in school was The Chrysalids, by John Wyndham. Despite the blatant deus ex machina, I really enjoyed this book!
And now for some non-literary opinions.
- I love Marmite. Really. A lot.
- I loved Star Trek: Enterprise. Well, mostly. A lot of people thought it was the worst series, but I enjoyed it a lot, and I wish it went the full 7 seasons.
- I enjoy earthquakes and typhoons. Weird, huh?
- I can’t stand crab and lobster. I love shrimp, but I don’t want to touch their bigger cousins.
- I hate tomatoes so much, I can’t eat pizza that has tomato sauce. It’s just gross.
Anything surprise you? How about you? What are some likes and dislikes of yours that are uncommon? Let me know in the comments below.